On Sunday, my hubby and I ran off bright and early, coupons in hand, to our local craft store to buy some polymer clay (Sculpey) and clay tools. Once home, after breakfast, we jumped in and made our first miniatures using polymer clay.
Hubby asked what I wanted for my dollhouse--he would make it for me--yay! I said a loaf of brown bread for my Victorian dollhouse's country kitchen. He went to work on his project, and I went to work on mine--a new toilet seat for my miniature Victorian toilet!
Yeah, as far as I was concerned, the toilet seat was sub-par on the mini toilet I've had since the late 1970s or early 1980s. The toilet is ceramic, but the toilet seat was made of rubber and was starting to deteriorate a little bit. Here's what it looked like before:
The back side of the seat is yellowing, and the rubber is starting to crack. And here's the new toilet seat (made from ploymer clay that I baked in the oven) on the toilet (with the old seat next to it):
It looks more like the real thing. Instead of a wooden pipe going down to the floor, now the "metal" pipe goes between the water box above to the toilet below. Not perfect, but better! You can see it here in the dollhouse:
Here's hubby with his loaf of bread. It turned out cute:
And you saw his tiny loaf of bread in the top picture, at rest on the cutting board in the Victorian country kitchen of Dad's dollhouse. That picture is my favorite! By the way, my husband made the spaghetti that was in the previous post with Bella and Bert. Nice job, Brandon!
As they say, "practice makes perfect," and I need a lot more practice using the polymer clay and making miniatures in general. However, it really was a lot of fun doing our projects together, and I look forward to trying it again soon. Until next time.... xoxo Jennifer